Tractor Supply Company (TSCO), the largest retail chain of rural lifestyle products in the United States, is dedicated to enhancing our strong company culture built on our team members’ commitment to our Mission and Values. With over 1,700 stores in 49 states and an innovative e-commerce platform, Tractor Supply ranks in the Fortune 400 with revenues of $7 billion and growing! Come grow your career with us as we serve those who live “Life out Here”!
This position is responsible for assisting the Store Manager and Assistant Store Manager with the execution of operational, sales, and merchandising objectives by providing outstanding customer service. This position is also responsible for promoting a safe and productive work environment for all Team Members, customers, and vendors, as well as training Team Members on the appropriate application of policies and procedures.
It is essential that you be available, flexible, adaptable, and service-oriented, as you must be able to fulfill all of the following requirements:
1. Maintain regular and predictable attendance.
2. Work scheduled shifts, and have the ability to work varied hours, days, nights, weekends, and overtime as dictated by business needs.
3. Uphold and promote a safe and productive work environment by following and enforcing policies and procedures.
4. Take the initiative to support selling initiatives (GURA):
5. This position is required to perform a combination of the following duties during 95 percent of their day. Although the mix may vary from one day to another, our business and staffing model makes it essential that every person in this position be able to perform all of the following duties accurately, efficiently and safely on a regular basis and without advance notice:
6. May be required to perform other duties as assigned.
Experience: Retail experience and/or farming, ranching, pet/equine, or welding knowledge is strongly preferred. Supervisory experience preferred. Must be at least 18 years of age and possess a valid driver’s license.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent is preferred, but not required. Regardless of education level, you must be able to read, write, and count accurately.
Professional Certifications: None.
Other knowledge, skills or abilities:
Physical and Mental Requirements (Essential Functions):
This position is non-sedentary. It is essential that you have the physical and mental stamina and ability to move throughout the store and outdoor areas quickly and safety; to operate all equipment related to their job duties effective, safely, properly, and accurately; and to provide the highest level of customer service. You must have the physical and mental ability to perform all of the following tasks (with or without reasonable accommodations):
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. A team member should perform all duties as assigned by his/ her supervisor.