It is essential that you be available, flexible, adaptable, and service-oriented, as you must be able to fulfill all of the following requirements.
- Maintain regular and predictable attendance.
- Work scheduled shifts, and have the ability to work varied hours, days, nights, weekends, and overtime as dictated by business needs.
- Use sales reporting to identify opportunities for GURA with top customers.
- Reach out to existing customers to offer GURA and delivery services. – what are they not currently using us for?
- Maintain up to date knowledge base of products.
- Research local market to identify businesses and potential customers who are not current shoppers.
- Build additional business through unsolicited phone calls or in person visits with potential customers.
- Complete on the spot sales.
- Achieve monthly sales quota requirements.
- Represent the company at community events as a brand ambassador in the community
- Operate and maintain a delivery vehicle and delivery equipment including a trailer at times.
- Prepare merchandise for delivery, including assembly and loading into the vehicle.
- Deliver merchandise to a customer’s home, barn or property per the customer requirements, ensuring delivery procedures and documentation are completed.
- Ensure all safety procedures are followed.
- Accept returns from customers with a positive attitude.
- Report customer concerns to Manager and work to resolve any issues.
- Ensure merchandise being delivered is in good condition.
- Perform store to store transfer of products as needed.
- Employee will regularly work near mechanical equipment.
- Employee will drive assigned market and provide the deliveries in all weather and road conditions.
- The noise level in the work environment is moderate
Physical and Mental Requirements
The position is non-sedentary. It is essential that you have the physical and mental stamina and ability to move throughout the store and outdoor areas quickly and safely; to operate all equipment related to their job duties efficiently, safely, properly, and accurately; and to provide the highest level of customer service. You must have the physical and mental ability to perform all of the following tasks (with or without reasonable accommodations):
- Ability to load and unload a delivery truck.
- Ability to enter and exit delivery truck, truck bed, and trailer.
- Ability to operate a forklift.
- Ability to operate and use all necessary store equipment (e.g. dolly, hand truck, computer, cash register, mobile device, delivery truck, pallet jack).
- Ability to move and transfer merchandise, weighing 50+ pounds.
- Ability to push and pull merchandise up to 2,000 pounds with the assistance of proper material handling equipment (e.g. pallet jack).
- Ability to occasionally lift or reach merchandise overhead.
- Ability to frequently stand, kneel, twist, crouch, squat, bend, stoop, and climb ladders.
- Ability to safely access all areas of store including selling floor, side lot, stock area, and register area.
- Ability to read, write, and count accurately to complete all documentation.
- Ability to utilize strong written and verbal communication skills to communicate effectively with team members and customers.
- Ability to process information / merchandise through the point-of-sale system.
- Ability to successfully complete all required training.
- Ability to travel as required in support of district needs.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. A team member should perform all duties as assigned by his/ her supervisor.