This position is responsible for interacting with customers and team members, supporting selling initiatives and performing assigned tasks, while providing legendary customer service.
As a Team Member, it is essential that you be available, flexible, adaptable and service-oriented, as you must be able to fulfill all of the the following requirements:
Experience: No experience required. Retail experience and apparel/merchandising knowledge is strongly preferred.
Education: A high school diploma or equivalent is preferred, but not required. Regardless of education level, Team Members must be able to read, write and count accurately.
Professional Certifications: None.
Other knowledge, skills or abilities:
Physical and Mental Requirements (Essential Functions)
The Team Member position is non-sedentary. It is essential that Team Members have the physical and mental stamina and ability to move throughout the store and outdoor areas quickly and safely; to operate all equipment related to their job duties efficiently, safely, properly and accurately; and to provide the highest level of customer service. Team members must have the physical and mental ability to perform all of the following tasks (with or without reasonable accommodation):
• Ability to move and transfer merchandise, weighing up to 50 pounds, throughout the store.
• Ability to push and pull merchandise up to 2,000 pounds with the assistance of proper material handling equipment (e.g. pallet jack)
• Ability to occasionally lift or reach merchandise overhead.
• Ability to frequently stand, kneel, twist, crouch, squat, bend, stoop, and climb ladders.
• Ability to move throughout the store for an entire shift.
• Ability to safely access all areas of the store including selling floor, side lot, stock area, and register area.
• Ability to operate and use all equipment necessary to run a store (e.g. dolly, handtruck, forklift, baler, computer, cash register) (forklift and baler requirements do not apply if under the age of 18).
• Ability to constantly operate store equipment such as computer, cash register, and other store equipment.
• Ability to read, write, and count accurately to complete all documentation.
• Ability to utilize strong written and verbal communication skills to communicate effectively with team members and customers.
• Ability to process information / merchandise through the point-of-sale system.
• Ability to successfully complete training and certification to dispense propane, and to dispense propane if needed (propane certification and dispensing requirement does not apply if under the age of 18).
• Ability to successfully complete all required training.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. A team member should perform all duties as assigned by his/ her supervisor.
Tractor Supply Company (TSCO), the largest rural lifestyle retailer in the United States, is dedicated to enhancing our strong company culture built on our Team Members’ commitment to our Mission and Values. With over 1,900 stores in 49 states and an innovative e-commerce platform, Tractor Supply ranks in the Fortune 400 with annual revenues of more than $8 billion and growing! Come grow your career with us as we serve those who live “Life out Here”!
Tractor Supply Company offers a competitive Benefits package, including Medical, Dental, & Vision plans, to all Full-time Team Members as well as Part-time Team Members who are deemed eligible based on a minimum hours requirement. In addition, TSC offers access to other Benefits such as a Health Savings Account, Life Insurance, 401(k), and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan